Making Salsa


I’ve been busy making salsa! I used 40lbs of tomatoes to make 2 double batches. I made one batch in my 14qt pot …




And the second batch in my roaster oven…




It was a long day of chopping, pureeing, simmering and canning but I ended up with 31 pints and 14 quarts. I made 31 pints a few days ago, so I do believe we have plenty of salsa to last us for the year!



I still have lots of tomatoes and more to pick. I plan on making tomato sauce with the  remaining tomatoes that keep coming.

This is a super yummy salsa recipe that my friend Leah shared with me a few years ago. I make it every year now. You can find the recipe here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/cannedsalsa.htm 
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub