Saturday, November 25, 2006

Plans For What is Left of my 25lb Turkey

Well about now turkey and gravy and all the trimmings are getting kind of old..  not to mention almost gone!  Well I still have a good amount of turkey left.  So today this is my plan:


 


~Slice all the breast meat for sandwiches today


~Debone the turkey and chop up the remaining meat and make Turkey Tacos for dinner tonight.. 


~Put the bones and misc bits and pieces into my 14qt stock pot, add water and salt and let that simmer for a good part of the day


~Strain out bones and remove any bits of meat and toss the bones


~Add meat to the pot of broth and put in fridge until tomorrow..  Tomorrow I will finish it up by making turkey noodle soup out of it


~If there is any meat left after turkey tacos tonight it will be bagged, labeled and frozen for use in a meal or I will use it to make turkey salad sandwiches in the next week or so


 

3 comments:

  1. sounds good - what time is dinner?!?!? :)

    have a great weekend :)


    God bless,

    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you for your creativeness in the kitchen. My family and I love your recipes. And you have helped me out a lot.


    Tina Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same problem last year! We had a 28 lb turkey and it felt like it never was going to end! :O)

    It's great to see ideas for using the leftovers, thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)