Sunday, November 12, 2006

Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer

 


One of the really unhealthy foods I miss are those liquid coffee creamers that come in all kinds of different flavors.  I just can not bring myself to buy them any more as they are made with hydrogenated oils and sugars and other things I can’t pronounce.  But I still miss having them now and again as a treat.


 


Typically nowadays I just drink my coffee black..  sometimes I like to add goats milk and some cane juice crystals. But every now and then I like something just a little different..  but I also don't want to go to a lot fuss over my coffee (I am not into all the fancy coffee drinks).  I just wanted something I could keep in the fridge and use as desired.


 


Last year I remember around the holidays Coffee-Mate coming out with one called Peppermint Mocha that sounded quite good.   So I started thinking that certainly I could come up with my own homemade rendition of these liquid creamers that was much healthier.  And today I played around in the kitchen and had some success! 


 


I made my own peppermint mocha coffee creamer and am enjoying a cup of coffee right this now as I blog. I have the rest of the batch in the fridge which I can continue to enjoy this week.


 


Here is the recipe:


 


Crystal’s Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer


 


2 cups half-n-half


1/3 cup baking cocoa


1 ¼ cups cane juice crystals


Peppermint extract


 


In a small sauce pan combine half-n-half, baking cocoa and cane juice crystals.  Heat on medium, stirring with a wire whisk until everything has blended well and the cane juice crystals have dissolved, do not let this get too hot. Remove from heat and add a few drops of peppermint extract (add as much or as little as desired).  Enjoy!


 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Now I just need a good coffee substitute, I can't have caffeine. Do you know of any?


    Thanks!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I *love* my coffee creamers, but was so disheartened by the ingredients list ... I am definitely going to try this. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really never thought about the yucky stuff in those creamers I love :-( Now I'll take your recipe and play with it....amaretto, cinnamon vanilla, and yours too of course. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)