Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
It's an early morning (here on the West Coast) WSS. Hubby and I have errands to run, grocery shopping and a visit with his brother on our to do list this morning.

The week has been busy with Christmas preparations. I made a batch of what I call my Christmas Jam. It's Strawberry Cranberry Jam. I like the recipe because it uses frozen strawberries (which I buy from Costco) and cranberries. When the cranberries come out around Thanksgiving I always make sure to buy an extra bag so I can make the jam. I like having it to put in gift baskets and to be able to give to people who come by for a visit. 

 

Over the weekend I did my first Christmas shopping that was not online. It wasn't to bad but there were lots of people and traffic as everyone is trying to finish up their shopping on time. I was reminded of how much I prefer online shopping. I have one more package coming soon and maybe one more trip to wrap up lose ends and hopefully I'll be done. It's a big job to shop and prepare for as many children and grandchildren as I have. I should be smarter and work towards this all year, but so far that has not been my style. :)

My dining room table has been overtaken with gifts, wrapping paper, bows, and such as I'm working to get it all wrapped and under the tree. So far it's all looking pretty and festive.

 

On Friday my daughter Hannah and her children came for a visit. It was a fun afternoon with them.



On My To-Do List
Other then the errands mentioned above I plan to come home and keep working on wrapping up gifts and assembling gift baskets.



Projects I'm Working On
Christmas seems all consuming right now. I need to start planning our Christmas family dinner next. I don't have anything that I traditionally make. Right now I'm thinking lasagna, saucy meatballs and letting everyone else bring the sides and dessert.



Today's Weather
Goodness it's been windy and cool lately. The constant wind blowing is driving me nuts. It's been going on for over a week with gusts up to 100+ mph. Surprisingly we've not lost power, so that is a good thing. The weather man assures us it will die down by the end of the week. I hope so as they said that last week! :) On the bright side we've had no snow. I'm not a fan of snow (or winter for that matter) and decided to look at the good side of it all.

Today's High (not including windchill) 43   Low 34


The View from my Deck (or window)
It's so early that it's still dark outside and so there will be no pic today. I'll be gone as the sun comes up.



What I'm Reading
Almost finished the book of Mark and I made more progress in Pride and Prejudice.


What I'm Listening To
The wind blowing, my wind chimes making a lot of their “happy noises”, hubby getting the fire going.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
Once again I scored some good deals while out Christmas shopping. I was pretty happy with the deals and then got to the register and (unknown) to me there were coupons in the paper and the checker lady gave me those deals and I saved another $25 off of my items.


Fitness and Health for the Week
This has not been my best week for getting my steps in. Had a couple days I was not feeling 100% and time focused on my projects has left my exercise time at the bottom of my list. That will change soon. I'm doing very good at keeping my diet in line. Lots of fruits and veggies and not much if any junk food.


That is all for this week!

Comments

  1. The strawberry cranberry jam sounds delicious! I'm going to try to make some this week! Blessings, Jamie 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub