Menu Monday!




So hard to believe it's only one week until Christmas. I've not figured out my Christmas menu yet so that is on my mind. But for this week I'll keep it simple again as I'm trying to finish up all the other Christmas related tasks.

The only meal from last week that we did not have was meatloaf. So that will be tonight's dinner. I'll serve it with baked potatoes, acorn squash and salad.


The rest of the week is looking like this...

Chicken Soup
I've been doing a little twist on my chicken soup lately that has been a big hit. Instead of noodles I add pot stickers at the end and add a little soy sauce or Yoshida's sauce to the soup broth. This is really yummy. I buy my pot stickers frozen from Costco. I plan to make biscucts and a salad to with the soup.

Crockpot Pork Chops
I'm thinking of using spaghetti sauce to cover the pork chops and adding a little mozzarella cheese on the top towards the end of cooking time. I will serve buttered pasta and green beans on the side.


Green Chile Pork
It's not authentic, but it's good. I don't use a recipe. I make it in my Instant Pot. I use a pork roast, green chile salsa and a little water. Pressure cook it and shred the meat up in the yummy sauce. Goes great in tortillas with all the typical trimmings of tacos.


That should keep us fed for the week and give me time to work on my projects and getting my home ready for family that will be here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub