Pasta Salad & Sunday Brunch




This week in Friday in the Kitchen I'll be sharing an easy and yummy pasta salad that I made and a fun little impromptu brunch I made for the hubs and I.


Pasta Salad

First the pasta salad. I wanted to serve a pasta salad as a side dish to one of our meals last week. I just followed my own recipe and was very pleased with out it turned out.

I started by boiling 8oz of pasta. I used seashell pasta but any shape works well. I then cut and sliced up a tomato and some olives. I opened a can of black beans and drained and rinsed them. and I pulled out a large handful of baby spinach leaves.



For the dressing I made a batch of Italian Dressing. You can make your own or use store bought. 

 

I combined it all and tossed in a little parmesan cheese in the end. 





I let it sit in the fridge a couple hours to allow the flavors to combine well. It was very good!

My recipe amounts are my approximate amounts. You can add more or less depending on your taste preferences. It's a pretty flexible recipe.



Italian Pasta Salad

8oz pasta, your choice of shape, cooked
1 roma tomato, cut into small pieces
½ cup sliced olives
1 cup drained & rinsed black beans
1 large handful baby spinach leaves
½ cup (approximately), Italian dressing this can be your recipe, or store bought dressing
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, approximately

Combine tomato, olives and black beans and spinach. Add dressing and toss to coat everything evenly. Add cheese and stir it in. Put in fridge for a couple hours to allow flavors to combine.



Sunday Brunch

The other morning was a rainy cloudy cool morning. It wasn't actually Sunday morning, as my hubby works that day but it was his day off.  He got the fire going and did a few things around the house. I was puttzing around with a few chores as well. Typically neither of us are big breakfast eaters. Around 11:am my hubby said he was feeling a bit hungry. So I went to the kitchen to pull something together for us to eat. I decided on waffles, bacon, eggs and fruit.

I used Bisquick to make the waffles and added 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the batter. I contemplated adding a little pureed pumpkin but decided not to because I would have had to open a large can of puree and then figure out what to do with the rest so it would not go to waste. The pumpkin pie spice was perfect and gave the waffles a nice little autumn like taste. You can add the spice to your own homemade waffle batter if you don't use Bisquick.

I cooked up a few slices of bacon and fried us up some eggs. Then washed a few grapes and some strawberries. When I set the table and we were getting ready to eat I snapped a picture because it looks so pretty and perfect quite cozy for a dreary fall mid morning.






Comments

  1. Pasta dish looks ever so tasty. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good and I plan on making it again soon. Crystal

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub