Menu Monday!




The weather has been cooling down. We're starting fires each morning to take the chill off the house. I came across a few crockpot recipes and I decided to try a couple of them this week. Having the crockpot going in the kitchen helps to warm it up a bit. It's definitely feeling like fall here.

However, tonight I'm making the shrimp ravioli w/pesto sauce that was on my menu last week. I was going to make it last night but still had leftover soup.



The rest of the week is looking like this...

Crockpot Healthy Chicken Tacos
This recipe looked good, easy, and healthy! It's the perfect combination. I've not tried it yet, but will share the recipe with you. If we like it.. I'll update you on it.

Crockpot Healthy Chicken Tacos

2t cumin
2t oregano
½t paprika
1t chili powder
½t pepper
1t salt
1 onion, sliced
1 cup frozen corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic
juice from 1 lime
6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
Corn or flour tortillas, your choice
Toppings for tacos, salsa or pico degalo, guacamole, sour cream, your choice


Combine seasonings (cumin, oregano, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper) and set aside. In crockpot add onions, corn, diced tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and lime juice. Lay chicken thighs on top and sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasonings. Stir to combine ingredients. Cook on “Low” for 6 hours or “High” for 3 hours. When cooking time is done, remove chicken and cut into pieces. Add the chicken back in and cook on low for 10 minutes.

Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.

Meatloaf with Macaroni & Cheese
I have a couple meatloaf's in the freezer. Last shopping day I decided to whip them up before putting the meat in the freezer. I'm going to make macaroni & cheese in my IP and serve this meal with a big green salad.


Crockpot Steak & Veggies
I have some sirloin steak in the freezer and this recipe seemed like a good use for it. Again, I've not tried it but it looks good, easy and healthy! Another win/win. I'll be sure to give a review of this after I try it. For now, I'll share the recipe

Crockpot Steak & Veggies

2lbs top sirloin beef, sliced thin
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
1T minced ginger
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1lb brussel sprouts, cut in half
1 red pepper, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced

Put steak in crockpot. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Pour over steak and add onion. Stir it all up. Cook on “Low” for 3 hours. Then add brussel sprouts, red pepper and carrots. Cook on “Low” for 1 hour. Serve with rice.




That should do it for the week!

Comments

  1. I never thought of making my meatloaf before I put the meat in the freezer. That is an awesome idea and I'm going to do that from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to have meals ready to go.. and does not take much time to do it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub