Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


 
So Far This Week
I'm happy to report that this week I'm feeling much better. Everyday is a little better then the day before and I'm regaining my strength again. I'm very thankful. Recovering from blood loss anemia is a slow and steady process, I'm discovering.

I've just taken it easy and my hubby and son have been wonderful at helping out with food and household chores.

My son even decided to cook us a meal one night. He does great with simple things but wanted to branch out and made an amazing dinner of chicken bacon spaghetti. I was super proud of him.




Prior to my unexpected trip to the ER and hospital stay we had a great visit from my daughter Emily and her family. They were enjoying a road trip through Oregon and Washington with my son in law's sister and her family. They all came to visit and stay with us. A few of my local children were able to make it up to see us as well. We had a great time.


Pics from our visit..







My two little grandbabies (they just warm my heart and make me smile)...






And finally, we have a new farm member. A friend called me and said she knew someone that was moving and had a duck that needed re-homing and did she know anyone who would like him. So she called me, knowing I have a pond. I said, sure.. and what fun he has been. I asked my grandchildren to name him, and my daughter had recently been reading the book “The Story about Ping” to them so they all said his name should be Ping, and Ping it is...






On My To-Do List
Today is grocery shopping day, with hubby's help. After I get home and put it all away I think that might be all I can handle. If I do have any energy left, I'll most like get some laundry going.

Dinner tonight may just be another bbq, my hubby's specialty! :)



Projects I'm Working On
Still, my only project at the moment is getting stronger and better.



Today's Weather
Beautiful! My favorite type of weather, summer heat.

High, 84   Low, 59



The View from my Deck (or window)




What I'm Reading
I've only read a few little books I had on my Kindle. Mostly on homemaking topics.



What I'm Listening To
My wind chime (it's been a breezy summer), birds,  my hubby getting his coffee, and a small airplane that just flew over the Gorge.



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
Well, since I've been home all week, I've not been spending any money! :) Well, maybe not, I ordered herbs and a couple other things from Amazon. But, I guess I can say I saved gas money by not going out to get these items. Gotta love Amazon Prime and free shipping.



Fitness and Health for the Week
My diet has been my focus. I've worked on eating foods with good iron content, staying away from processed foods, eating foods that agree with my stomach and will allow my ulcers to heal.

While I'm still not able to get out and walk for fitness, I have been down to my pond a few times and did a little swimming. One step at a time I will be there again, hopefully soon.


That is all for this week! Hope you are having a great week :)


Comments

  1. I just ended a 2 year hiatus with anemia, quite accidentally by taking some of my hubby's Methyl B12. I mention this because I didn't know that B12 would help, I had faithfully taken iron in various forms with no progress. Maybe everybody knows this but I was shocked how I felt after only 2 days taking this from 2 years of feeling so low! And it's almost cheap!!
    May you completely recover soon!
    Blessings, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, thank you for this! I have been taking b12 for my vision issues and just recently read that it is good for anemia as well.. I think it's helping me a lot too! Crystal

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your life. I have followed your blog for some time and found "The Family Homestead" many years ago. I regularly make some of your recipes as well. I live in Virginia, so it is really interesting to learn about the area in which you live. I am praying for a full and speedy recovery for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are feeling better !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub