Menu Monday!















It was a busy week for me last week with family and friends here. This week it's back to normal and that includes menu planning!

I had a lot of food come into my home while company was here, and that meant we were eating it up for a few days. I never did make my pork roast that I mentioned last week. So that is my plan for today. Cook the roast up in my Instant Pot.

Using some of that meat I will make pulled pork philly sandwiches for tonight's dinner. I'll serve homemade coleslaw to go with this. You can find the pork sandwich recipe I'm going to try HERE.

The rest of the week....

Chicken Taco Salad
This is just a variation of a taco salad. Normally I make taco salad with seasoned ground beef. Instead, I'll use boneless skinless chicken and season it as I would for tacos. Add the cut up chicken to a big bowl of spring mix greens and add tomatoes, grated cheese, green onions, grated carrots, thinly sliced purple cabbage and dressing of choice. A yummy colorful summer salad. Enjoy with tortilla chips and salsa on the side.

Pork Pot Pie
I'll use my precooked pork and turn the juices from cooking it into gravy today and set this aside for this recipe. I plan on mixing together the meat, gravy and any veggies of my choice (usually using what I have on hand). Pour into a casserole dish and top with biscuits. Bake in the oven around 350/375 until the biscuits are done and the gravy is hot and bubbly. I'll serve this with a salad or veggie and french bread.

Fried Hamburger & Cabbage
I like to cook up hamburger, then add cut up cabbage and onions. Cook that until the cabbage is soft and season with salt, pepper, season salt, garlic, etc. Serve with roasted potatoes and a green salad.

That should do it for the week!

Comments

  1. I was planning to make tacos this week, but your taco salad sounds so delicious we're switching to that! Plus using chicken in the salad is an added health bonus. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been trimming my grocery budget this week to make room for some birthday purchases and I made your delicious oat dinner rolls -- 1 batch for sliders and another in to hit dog buns. Served with roasted cauliflower and green beans (both frozen) and my hubby said it was his favorite dinner!! Today I'm soaking beans and making the hamburger mix for the freezer! Oh, my kids have been drinking the lemonade recipe too!! Thanks! Katie from coastal New England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful Katie!! Good work on trimming the budget.. :)

      Delete
  3. I like adding diced tomatoes (fresh from the garden are my favorite) to my burger, onions & cabbage. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful!! I'll try that next time I make this! Thanks for sharing this..

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub