Menu Monday!




The weather here is going to start warming up. It's been below freezing for a few weeks and the transition will most likely bring freezing rain and make driving conditions difficult. So hubby and I are running into town today to take care of a few errands and pick up some groceries in case we are stuck in house for a few days.

Over the weekend I did a freezer and pantry inventory, wrote & organized the lists. I wanted to work on making my menus with the idea to keep my food rotated and not get lost at the bottom of the freezer or the back of a shelf.

With this in mind here is this weeks menu....


Saucy Meatballs
This is a familiar recipe for most everyone. A bottle of chili sauce, a jar of grape jelly (approx the same size) poured over pre cooked meatballs in a crockpot. I'm going to try making it in my Instant Pot. I'll serve rice and broccoli.


Navy Bean & Ham Soup
I saved the ham bone from our Christmas ham and will use this to make soup. I'll serve biscuits and a salad on the side.


Pork Carnitas
I found THIS recipe that looked so good. I'll serve the pork in corn tortillas with pico de gallo and lettuce. Tortilla chips & salsa will be served on the side.


Cuban Sandwiches
My daughter Emily sent THIS recipe to me asking if I could convert it into an Instant Pot recipe. I plan to follow the basic recipe and adding a little broth or water to make sure it has enough liquid. I'll serve some type of soup on the side.


That usually is enough meals for the week (I make more than needed for one night so we can have leftovers) but due to the possible storms I figured I'd plan an extra meal.

Spaghetti
I'll serve this with french bread and a salad.

That should do it for the week.


 

Comments

  1. Im going to do the same for this week....Great choices thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's good to keep tabs on the food we have on hand. I'm looking forward to trying some new things this week. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Angela!! It will be out tomorrow.. we've had a terrible ice storm hit us.. power out and lots to deal with.. I will be back! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub