Menu Monday!





I had a nice weekend. On Saturday my son Jacob came up for a visit and spent several hours here. We had such a nice chat. He visits regularly and I always look forward to the visits. Over the weekend I also had a long phone chat from my daughter Emily. She is the daughter that lives in California. Her due date is fast approaching and we are all excited. She has approximately 4 weeks left. My goal is to be down there with her for the birth. We are praying for God's best timing on it all. It is a 2 ½ hour flight or a 12 hour drive. We'll see what the best option is when the time comes. My hubby is also taking time off work and we will be staying and helping out for a week or so after baby arrives.

Over the last few days I've been putting together a few freezer meals for Emily. If I need to get down there quickly I'll fly and hubby will drive down as soon as he can or we will both drive down together if we feel we have the time. In any case the freezer meals will be packed in ice and put in an ice chest for the journey. She has an Instant Pot so I made meals that she can just put in the IP easily. I wrote what the meal was on zip freezer bag and how many minutes it would need to be pressure cooked. Hoping to help make her first couple weeks with a new baby a little easier for her.

Now on to the menu for the week...


Pork Roast
I found pork roast on sale last week at Costco. It was a large package of pork sirloin roast. I was able to cut it into 3 roasts. Two of them went into the freezer. I actually made this yesterday and we are having the leftovers today. I did a simple rub on the roast using Cajun seasoning, garlic, a little salt and pepper. I seared it in the IP and added about 1 ½ cups of water. I pressure cooked this, removed it from the IP and thickened up the remaining juices. After that I cut up some new potatoes and a couple sweet potatoes and cooked those in the IP. I only cooked them for 4 minutes, but it was to long for the sweet potatoes. However it still tasted yummy! And a salad was served on the side. As I said, tonight will be a repeat of this meal.


Meat Loaf
It's been a little while since I've made a meatloaf and it sounds good this week. I'll make some potatoes (of some sort) and I have some bok choy in the fridge that I'll cook up in the IP to go with this.


Chicken Pot Pie
I had this on my menu recently and did not make it. I had enough leftovers from other meals. So it will be made this week. I'll probably serve a green salad on the side.

Asian Beef & Broccoli
I searched for a few recipes on line and not sure I've really found what I was looking for so I may just see what I can come up with. If time is short I'll just use Yoshida sauce and add some red pepper flakes for a spice up. I will be making it in my IP. I have a couple pounds of beef chuck steak that I'll use for this. And add the cut up broccoli to it after it finishes cooking and let it simmer long enough to soften up. Broccoli cooks very quickly in the IP and I don't want to take the chance of turning it to mush. I'll serve rice or maybe some noodles with this meal.


That should do it for the week! How is your menu planning coming along?


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub