Menu Monday!




Happy Monday! It's menu day here on the blog. This week my week is looking pretty mellow and I hope to get not only my meals made but a batch of chicken stock and feta cheese started. And maybe a new batch of fermented veggies. With the upcoming rainy forecast for the week I'm thinking I'll be spending my time inside.

Now for the meals I have planned for the week..


Chicken tacos
Chicken breasts, salsa, cream cheese all tossed into a crockpot and cooked until the chicken shreds. Fill up taco shells or tortillas and all the trimmings. Yum!


Meatloaf
Meatloaf is a favorite around here. I think I'll serve this with some potato salad and green beans. I think of this combo as delicious comfort food.


Fried cabbage and onions with sausage
Or I could use kielbasa or chicken with this. Depends on what I end up finding on sale when I shop for the week. Dinner rolls or biscuits and a salad will be go along with this meal.


Ham & Cheese Bread, tomato soup
This is a variation from my pepperoni bread recipe. I'll use ham and cheese instead. I have some tomato soup base that I canned up last summer and plan to use that to go with the bread. And of course I like to add fresh veggies to most meals so a green salad or a veggie platter will also be on the menu.



 

Comments

  1. It's great to see a hearty, but simple, menu. Still, when you do your chicken tacos in the slow cooker, do you put the cream cheese at the beginning or toward the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yesenia, I put a block of cream cheese in at the beginning..

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub