Menu Monday!




Time for the weekly menu! I had to do some rearranging in my freezer which was good as it gave me time to reevaluate what I have and do a little menu planning around that.

I started over the weekend by making a batch of chicken broth with one of the whole chickens I had in the freezer. I'll be using the meat from this and some of the broth as well this week.

For the meals I have planned I intend to make double batches so we can eat on these meals for a couple days at least. With the upcoming beautiful weather I'm looking to spend as much time outside as I can and not worry about about meals each night.

Here is my plan for the week..


Crockpot chicken bacon chowder
This is a yummy soup! I'm making a big batch today and will be serving it with a nice big salad and crackers.
 

Kalua pork
I found a pork roast in the freezer that I had bought on sale a couple weeks ago and decided this was the best use for it. I'll serve a macaroni salad and a green veggie packed salad with this.
 

Chicken pot pie
I plan on making it over the weekend. A nice big pan of chicken pot pie sounds really good to me. I'll use the chicken and stock that I made from my recent batch of chicken broth for this. I always like including fresh veggies with most of my meals so a salad on the side will round out this dinner.


That should do it for the week! How's your menu planning coming along for this week?



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub