Menu Monday!





Last week's menu planning went very well. I was pleased with the changes. So I'm going to try again this week.

The chicken pepperoni casserole turned out amazing! I'll be posting more details and the recipe tomorrow.

The meatloaf pie that was planned did not get made. I had 2 pounds of hamburger left in the freezer. I ended up having a couple more people to feed than planned and I knew it would not be enough. So I did a quick check of my pantry and decided to make chili bean soup instead. It was the perfect choice. I made that yesterday and have leftovers for us today (Monday). I also made cornbread and a salad to go along with it.

In my freezer I still have some chicken legs to use up and a pork roast. I'll need to buy hamburger this week.


This is what I have planned for the rest of the week...


Cilantro Chicken

I have chicken legs in the freezer and will use these. This is a recipe from my daughter and I've not made it before. I plan to serve this with rice and a salad.


Tacos

Pretty basic. I have lots of tomatoes and salsa to accompany the tacos. I'll serve some fresh summer fruit on the side as well as tortilla chips and salsa.


Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I have a bag of hogie rolls in the freezer. Seemed like a great way to use those and the pork roast. I cook the roast in the crockpot for 12 or more hours. So it is tender and falling apart. I shred it with 2 forks and add barbeque sauce until it looks right. Serve in spit hoagie rolls topped with coleslaw. Potato chips and fresh fruit or a veggie platter will be served on the side.

 
Either a pot of soup (something simple) or burgers on the grill will be the back up plan if I happen to need an extra meal.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub