Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Using my Home Canned Chicken


I thought I would share one way that I recently used my home canned chicken (I will try and share more as I continue to use the chicken). You can find directions on how I canned the chicken HERE . I don’t have actual measurements for this meal as I just threw it together one evening when we needed dinner rather quick like!

I opened 1 pint jar of chicken, drained it and then chopped it up on the cutting board..


Then I sautéed up some sliced onions, peppers, and carrot sticks. I cooked this until the carrots were soft…



Then I added the chicken and let this heat up (sorry about the blurry pic :)…



Finally I added about 4 cups of cooked brown rice. I seasoned it with soy sauce and a little bit of fish sauce. I just added the sauces until it tasted right to me.. :) .. just go easy on them as you can always add more but can’t take it out if you discover you over seasoned it…



This was very tasty! Since I had the rice leftover from a previous meal (I also keep cooked rice in the freezer for use in quick meals) and I had the canned chicken cooked and waiting on the shelf, the meal went together in less than 20 minutes. I served it with a nice big green salad.

5 comments:

  1. I second that! ha, ha. And Hooray for canned meat! Well done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good!

    I canned small red beans today using your tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! Good job! They are so nice to have on hand!! Crystal :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! I'm so glad I finally found you and your blog. I am a super fan of your web page and miss new additions. Since I have found your blog I can stay up with things here. Thank you for the time you have put into it.

    ReplyDelete

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)