Chicken Freezer Recipe Reviews


At the beginning of the month I shared 2 chicken freezer meals here on my blog. Since that time we have tried them both and I wanted to give you a review on the recipes. The first one was …

Peach Chicken – for the freezer 
(the picture seems a bit off in color.. I was using my son's camera and I guess I still need to figure out how it works a little better! )


This recipe can be found here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/peachchickenforfreezer.htm

My family and I really enjoyed this!! The flavor was not too sweet .. it was very yummy. I served it with fried potatoes (I had some leftover baked potatoes that I used) and a salad.


The second meal was…

Cajun Chicken – for the freezer



This recipe can be found here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/cajunchickenforfreezer.htm

This one was sooo good! It was very flavorful. I served it with brown rice pilaf and a salad. We all enjoyed it!

Both recipes will be on my menu in the future!
 

Comments

  1. I tried the Cajun chicken on the grill and oh my goodness! It was so delicious! I bought a 10 pound bag of legs and thighs, divided them and made enough of the dressing for four bags. That dressing is so delicious! I put them in the freezer for later. We'll probably cook them on the grill again! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this Bama Girl!! I had also thought that these recipes would work on the grill, now I'm happy to know you had success.. I will certainly try them!!

      Crystal :)

      Delete
  2. Just a question. The chicken I can buy locally is usually flash frozen in individual pieces. Can I transfer the frozen chicken to a freezer bag and then add the other ingredients?

    lane dot family@yahoo.com
    http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I'm sure that would work just fine!

      Crystal :)

      Delete
  3. this looks delish, and i'm eager to try it...i don't like the idea of all the plastic bags being tossed in the garbage, though. think i'll just forego the "freezer meal" idea, and marinate enough for the meal in the morning in a dish in the fridge. thanks for all the wonderful ideas!! lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn.. you could use reusable plastic containers (rubbermaid type) or you could use glass containers with lids in place of the plastic bags..

      Delete
    2. Or you could wash the bags and reuse them as well.. :) Crystal :)

      Delete
  4. I've been waiting for these reviews. The Cajun chicken sounds sooooo very good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub