Pies


 

The other day I wanted to make an apple pie for our dessert. I made up my Bosch pie crust recipe, which makes 4 crusts. I love that recipe! But I only needed one crust. So the next day Leanne made a peanut butter pie.. oh my that was delicious! I still had 2 pie crusts left. So this morning I decided to make quiche. 

 

I meant to get pictures but everyone ate it all before I had a chance. In any case here are the recipes…

 


 


 

Peanut Butter Pie

 1 cup creamy peanut butter

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened

1 cup cane juice crystals or sugar

2 T butter, melted

1 cup whipping cream

2 T sour cream

1 T vanilla

1 graham cracker crust (or you can use a regular pie crust like I did)

Chocolate sauce for drizzling

 

 

Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese & sugar. Whip cream until thick. Add to peanut butter mixture with butter, sour cream & vanilla. Pour into crust. Chill for 2 hours. Drizzle some chocolate sauce over the top of the pie. Serve to your eagerly waiting family..    

 

 

Now the quiche…. I did manage to get a picture of these when they came out of the oven….

 

 

 

Crystal’s Spinach Bacon Quiche

1lb bacon, cut into small pieces

1 onion, chopped

3 cups fresh spinach

3 cups grated cheese, your choice of type; my family likes cheddar

8 large eggs

2 cups half n half

1t pepper

2- 9 inch pie shells, unbaked

 

Cook bacon and onion in a frying pan until the bacon is browned and well cooked. Drain. While bacon is cooking wilt spinach. You wilt spinach by putting a small amount of water in a frying pan and add spinach and cook on medium high until is starts to wilt. Remove from pan and drain excess moisture.

 

In a blender combine eggs, half n half, and pepper. 

 

Layer spinach and bacon/onion mix between two pie shells. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top. Pour egg mixture over this, dividing it between both pies. 

 

Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before serving. 

 

 

Comments

  1. Yum! We are having quiche today for lunch, my girls just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great recipes. I make a pie each week for husbands lunches but I had not found a healthy version of crust that he liked. I am going to try yours. Have a great weekend!

    In the Lord's strength,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub