Menu Monday!





This weekend and this coming week are busy. I have my sister in law here and my niece will be arriving later in the week. My sister in law and I are involved in a little project. She is here helping me turn one of my bedrooms into another guest room. She is a pro at this! She did my first guest room a few years ago: http://homesteadinghomemaker.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-guest-room.html I'll be posting before and after pics as soon as we are done. :)

In the meantime trying to focus on meal planning is a little challenging. However I have a house full of people who do need to eat. So I've done my best to come up with a few meals this week to keep us fed. I will say, it is possible for my menu to change at last moment if something easier or quicker comes to mind.. ha, ha..

But for now, this is what I'm planning on...


Chicken & gravy over mashed potatoes
I have the chicken already cooked from my last batch of chicken broth and figured this would be a good and quick use for it (I also have the broth to make the gravy). I'm adding a salad (from a bag) with added fresh veggies to go with it.


Spaghetti
Simple, easy, quick, tastes good. I'll serve french bread and some veggies on the side.


Frito Pie
Thought this recipe would be fun for a group. I make not quite a 'pie'. I make basically a chili first. Then everyone puts a layer of Frito's in their bowl, tops it with the chili, then cheese, sliced olives, diced onions, hot sauce, sour cream and digs in with a spoon.


Roasted Chicken
A whole roasted chicken served with potato salad, coleslaw, and some toasted garlic bread and a simple veggie platter.


Despite my lack of focus I'm happy with what I did come up. It is subject to change if necessary. But, if not, at least I have a direction to go!

Happy menu planning!!

 

Comments

  1. Chicken and gravy sounds so good today, a chilly spring day! Thank you for always having inspiring menus ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub