Menu Monday!





This last week I made beef bone broth in the crockpot and plan to use some of it this week. Due to the fact it was nice and concentrated I ended up freezing it in 1 cup portions. It is perfect to add to soups to boost nutritional value and give flavor.

I also made a small batch of chicken stock in the crockpot using the chicken leg bones from our meal last week. I currently have had it in the crockpot since yesterday morning. This afternoon I'll strain it, add more water and a couple of chicken breasts and let this simmer. Then I'll shred the meat and add and some noodles for chicken noodle soup. I'll serve a nice salad and some muffins or biscuits on the side.

The rest of week is looking like this...


Chili
I'll cook the beans with a portion of my bone broth. Then add the cooked hamburger & onions and spices after the beans are cooked. Cornbread and a salad will be served on the side.


Garlic Butter Chicken
I had this on my menu last week and it did not get made. I realized I also have a little shrimp in the freezer. I plan to use both chicken and shrimp. I'll saute garlic and onions in butter, add the cut up chicken and shrimp. Saute until they are cooked, add a little spinach and some angel hair pasta. I'll serve broccoli along with this.


Pork Chops
Baked pork chops served with mashed potatoes and gravy. I'll use the rub I bought from Costco for the pork chops and use some of the bone stock to flavor the gravy.
 

That should do it for the week!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub