Cheddar Bacon Chicken Bake


Easy, delicious and quick to make.... who could ask for more from a meal? I came up with this idea while surfing the web looking for something to do with my boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  My family really enjoyed it.

I must confess, I am not a huge fan of chicken breast meat. I find it dry and lacking somewhat in flavor. My preferred is boneless, skinless chicken thighs. They have a bit more fat in them, making them not as dry. The chicken breasts were the same price as the thighs the day I was shopping and I thought I'd give them another try. I will say this recipe was a good use for them.

I used about 3lbs of chicken breasts divided into 2 9x13 pans. This recipe could be cut in half very easily.

Cut up the chicken meat and divided between pans..



Drizzle ranch dressing over the chicken....



Top with cooked, crumbled bacon...



Top with cheese...



Bake covered with foil at 350 for about 30 minutes (or until chicken meat is cooked completely). Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.



I served this chicken with tater tots. But it could be served with rice or mashed potatoes or pasta. Whatever suits your taste. I also served a salad with it...




Cheddar Bacon Chicken Bake

3lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (thighs would work as well)
1 cup ranch dressing, divided
1lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 cups grated cheddar cheese, approx


Cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Divide between 2 9x13 pans. Drizzle ½ cup ranch dressing over each pan of chicken. Divide cook and crumbled bacon and spread half of it over each pan of chicken. Top with cheese. The recipe gives and approximate amount of cheese. You can top it with more or less depending on your tastes.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes (or until chicken is cooked completely). Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes to brown cheese.




 

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I popped over from Goose Hill Farm. This looks just too yummy! I am on a low carb diet, but this looks like something I could enjoy!!! My family can have the tater tots (boy do I love tater tots).
    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This would be great for a low carb diet.. I'm not low carb, but I like to be able to control my carbs ;) so these types of meals are great for that.. Thanks for stopping by Hope! Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub