Bulk Ranch Dressing Mix


I’ve made my own ranch dressing for years. Every now and again I buy it but we are never big fans of store bought. It can be a bit of a hassle to make it, especially as quick as we consume it. I decided to try and take my recipe and turn it into a dry seasoning mix that can easily be added to the rest of the ingredients. I did and it is great and so easy to make!


Here is the recipe I came up with…


Bulk Ranch Dressing Mix
¼ cup onion powder
2T garlic powder
6T parsley
1T dill weed
2 ¼ t salt
2 ¼ t seasoning salt
¾ t pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl…




Add 1 (full) Tablespoon to…

1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
½ cup milk





The mix will fill a half pint canning jar.  One batch of salad dressing will make approximately 2 cups of salad dressing..



This mix will make about 10 batches of ranch dressing.

If you would like to make this into ranch dip, just add only enough milk to make it a dip consistency.

Print Recipe:
http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/Bulk%20Ranch%20Dressing%20Mix.pdf


 

 

Comments

  1. Thanks for this bulk recipe! I have been using your Ranch recipe for some time now and this will make it that much easier to have on hand.
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm always looking to simplify things... And this has really helped a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you no longer add lemon juice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it both ways and felt it was acceptable with or without... I decided to make it simpler by skipping it.. you can add it if you want to see what you think ... the amount would be 1T lemon juice.

      Delete
  3. This is going on my list of things to make up! The amount of ranch bottles in the land fill is crazy! (just the dozen or so we go through)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you... Plastic in landfills is just crazy... every little bit helps!

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this but I need to know if yogurt would work in place of sour cream? Also, that seems like a lot of salt so it it salty tasting?

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, The above recipe makes 10 batches of ranch salad dressing.. the salt per batch comes to about 1 teaspoon...

      I've never used yogurt before, but I would think it would work just fine. If you'd like to try one batch of my original recipe to see what you think .. you can find it here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/ranchdressing.htm

      Delete
  5. Thank you! I'm going to try this. I love ranch dressing and hadn't thought of making it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I use the brand "Johnny's Seasoning Salt" I know there are others.. Lawrys or Morton are a couple more brands..

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub