Homestead Holidays!! Strawberry Cranberry Jam



 












If you’re looking for an easy, fun project that could also be a nice gift this may the answer!! I made a batch of this and it is soooo good!! As a gift it would be perfect coupled with a loaf of homemade bread or rolls, or even just given on its own. What is nice about this recipe is that you can use frozen strawberries and fresh or frozen cranberries. I bought several bags of cranberries in November and put them in the freezer. When I made this jam I used both frozen strawberries & cranberries.

This recipe makes a lot!! So you will have plenty to give as gifts and for your family to enjoy.


Here is the recipe:


Strawberry Cranberry Jam
Makes approx. 13 half pint jars

3#’s frozen strawberries
12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
1T lemon juice
2 boxes pectin
1t butter
8 cups sugar

Put strawberries, cranberries, lemon juice, pectin and butter into a large, 6 to 8qt, stock pot. On medium heat slowly bring to a boil. Stir to prevent it from sticking. Simmer and stir until fruit breaks up. If you want to hurry the process you can use a stick blender to smooth it out, or leave the fruit a bit chunky, the choice is yours.

Turn up the heat to high and add sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Bring it all to a hard boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down) and boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Fill half pint and/or pint jars. Put new lid on, ring on and put in a boiling water bath. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from canner and let cool.
 
Enjoy!!


 
Print this recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/homemakingonthehomestead/strawberry-cranberry-jam?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1
 

Comments

  1. Yum! Your jam recipe sounds very good! I adore cranberries and strawberries too. No time to make it this year, but maybe next year when things slow down a bit.
    Advent Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee the nice thing about this jam is that is made from frozen berries.. I bought mine at Costco... so it can be made anytime! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good. I'm going to have to make some to give as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this recipe! I saw it this morning and I knew that I had to give it a try! I make it this evening, for Christmas gifts. It came together perfectly! I am soooooo looking forward to giving it out as gifts this Christmas along with a loaf with HM whole wheat bread. Thanks again!
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal, I want to make this for gifts this year I just have a quick question. How many tablespoons makes a box of pectin? I buy my pectin in bulk. Thank you so much , Alissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alissa, there are about 6 Tablespoons of pectin in a box..

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub