Holiday Baking: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

 


Our weather is really cooling down. We had a few snow flurries today but they never amounted to anything, but it was cold out! I had the wood stove going and that felt so nice. My kids were gone for the morning/afternoon. They went to Seattle for the day with a friend. With a quiet afternoon ahead of me I decided to make my family a little treat. I had some pumpkin puree sitting in the fridge that I wanted to use up and pumpkin cinnamon rolls would be just the ticket.

I’ve made this recipe many, many times. It is always a favorite. You can find the recipe here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/pumpkincinnamonrolls.htm  or below is a link to print the recipe. It is a big recipe and will fill 2 9x13 pans (or a big jelly roll pan). If that is too much the recipe can be cut in half. Or the extra rolls can be frozen for another day. Or given away later on to friends or neighbors.
 
Print Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/homemakingonthehomestead/pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1


This time I frosted the rolls a little differently. I made a maple cream cheese frosting. I just tried a variation of my basic cream cheese recipe: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/creamcheesefrosting2.htm 

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
 
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup real maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
1t pumpkin pie spice

In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and butter. Add the maple syrup, powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combined, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. This makes a large batch of frosting and will be plenty to cover the rolls. I have extra left over that I will use on something else.

 
Print this recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/homemakingonthehomestead/maple-cream-cheese-frosting?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1


 
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub