A Big Thank You, Snow and Happy New Year!

 

A great big thank you to all of you who left me punch recipes and emailed them to me.  I have a ton of them now!   I am going through all of them and trying to decide which one to make.  I sure do appreciate everyone who took the time to share their recipes.  




On Wednesday the weather report said there was a possibility of snow flurries.  So we headed into town to take care of wedding details.  About ¾ of the way through our trip a friend of my daughters looked outside (we were in Costco) and said.. “It’s snowing!” ..  yikes.. that was not supposed to happen.  So I rounded everyone up (they were in all parts of the store) and we got out as quick as we could.  I figured a little snow in town could very well mean a lot more at home.  I was glad we got out of there.  The drive home was a bit stressful as snow is not common enough for drivers around here to master it and traffic was terrible.  Snow continued to fall through the night and this is the white winter wonderland we woke up to..





 


Today Tobin and I will head out, now that the roads have been plowed, and go back to town.  He has some errands to run and I need to finish up what I was trying to do on Tuesday. 



New Years Eve! 


We are staying home, as usual.  My son Jacob has a friend coming and I am sure the kids will stay up to ring in the New Year.. me? Well I will do what I always do .. go to bed early and wake up early on the first day of the New Year..  


See you all in 2010!! 


 

Comments

  1. Crystal,


    Beautiful pictures of the snow! :) So peaceful!


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! those pictures are soooo pretty! See you next year!

    sylvia .. helloitsmelord@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes, Crystal, for you and the whole family!


    blessings, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what a way to ring in the new year.

    Glad you all got back home safely.

    Thanks for sharing the photographs.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I left off my signature.

    Lynne in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading your blog. Wishing you a Blessed New Year.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My neice is getting married the 16th. Hers is also a very small wedding. It will be held at my mothers house. I love the pics of the snow fall. I just love your house. It is so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your winter wonderland. We have yet to see snow here in southern Arkansas. Hopefully we will before winter is over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    I am a long time reader of your blog. I am so glad your son is doing well. A friend of mine from church has a son who was in the military for 5 years and spent much of that in Afganistan (however it's spelled). He is back in the US, out of the military, and he is having a terrible time adjusting. He gets into fights in bars, goes from job to job, and seems very restless. He talks about rejoining. The several fights he has gotten into have ended up in court, and the judges have been very lenient because of his recent military involvement. They are giving him a lot of slack because they understand he is having a hard time adjusting and is being seen by a military psychologist.

    How did Richard meet Lolot?

    Lynne from MD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub