What to do with Turkey Leftovers

 


 


Do you have leftover turkey meat to use up and need some ideas?  We usually eat Thanksgiving dinner the day after but by the 3rd day we are ready for something different.  I find just about any recipe that uses cooked chicken works quite well with cooked turkey.  The recipes below are actually chicken recipes but you can just sub turkey in place of the chicken: 


Turkey Enchiladas This recipe is for the enchilada sauce. Fill corn or whole wheat tortillas with chopped up turkey and cheese. Roll them up and place in a 9x13 pan (or 9x9 or 11x15 pan, depending on how many people you are feeding). Pour enchilada sauce over all, top with more cheese and bake at 350 until all is hot and bubbly and cheese has melted.
Sweet and Sour Turkey
Turkey Lasagna
Black Bean Turkey Chili

Turkey Pot Pie

Turkey Green Bean Casserole
Ranch House Turkey Casserole


And finally the last thing I do with my turkey is make Turkey Noodle Soup.  I put the turkey carcass (after I have picked off just about all the meat) into a large stock pot and cover with water.  I add a chopped onion for flavor and some salt.  Bring to a boil and let it cook for a couple of hours.  Strain out the turkey bones and remove any meat that is left.  Pour turkey broth back into stock pot and add the meat bits.  Bring to a boil and add noodles.  Taste and season with a little salt and pepper and/or a little chicken broth powder if needed.  Serve with some homemade dinner rolls and a salad. 

Comments

  1. We almost always get about 3 turkey pot pies made and put in the freezer. At least one pan of turkey enchiladas and 1 to two pots of tukey noodle soup. I usually get at least one day of turkey salad sandwhiches at the end too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal,


    I'm Lori, and I'm late in posting this comment! I write for Homeschoolblogger Front Porch, and posted this "Master Blend" recipe idea there, as well as on my blog here at Homesteadblogger. You can find it here:


    http://www.homesteadblogger.com/serenityinthesuburbs/149288/


    I enjoy your blog, and love your ebooks! I know you're either about to have a wedding or you're in it now...may God bless all you are doing! I was married Jan. 26th. This year will be our 25th anniversary. The day before the wedding we had a MAJOR snowstorm, so some of my bridal party missed the rehearsal! But it sure was gorgeous the next day, and so pretty for the photos, with all the snow!


    Blessings,

    Lori (aka Serenity in the Suburbs at HSteadB, and Plans4You at HSchoolB)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub