I’m Home!


 

 

I have been back from my vacation for a couple of days now. I have been working to catch up on laundry, make bread, grocery shopping, food preps and getting life back into a normal routine. Hubby headed back to work last night and I was sad that life can’t always be vacation! LOL.. but I guess they call that retirement and I am sure not ready for that.. 

 

One good thing I have to say is that I think we brought the sunshine and heat home with us! While we were gone enjoying 95 degree days it was 55 degrees and wet here (it was 95 degrees when we boarded the plane to come home and 50, cold and wet when we got off the plane).. .  Yesterday started warming up and today is supposed to be near 80.. and I will take that!! 

 

Since I have been home I have been working to fill the orders that came in to my country store while I was gone. Some orders are already in the mail and I plan to have everything out my Monday. So if you ordered from me this month you should have your items sometime this week. 

 

 

I have a new to-do list all made out. I have a lot on there so today I will just pick out what I think I can make happen. I have more bread to bake (soft bread sticks to go with our dinner), do some sweeping and mopping, fold laundry, wash the bathtub, make mayonnaise, update my Quicken, make this blog post , and try and answer some more emails. I came home to 400 emails (none from any type of group.. but a lot of it spam.. and a lot of questions!  ).. so if you emailed me in the last couple of weeks and have not heard back from me.. it may take awhile..  

 

My girls are so excited.. they (along with a friend and her mom) are going to a Taylor Swift concert tonight! They can’t wait… and I can’t wait to hear all about it. I know they will have a great time. 

 

I am going to leave you with a very yummy dessert recipe!! If you get my newsletter I had it in the May issue.. but felt it worth reprinting. Leanne made them again last night and I felt I needed to also give you a warning….   DO NOT make these if you are the only one home! LOL…   I am happy to say that half the pan was gone before I went to bed and it was NOT me who ate them all! But I could see how it could be.. they are so good (especially if you are a fan of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups).. and hard to resist if they are just sitting on your counter..

 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

 

½ cup butter

½ cup cane juice crystals

½ cup Sucanat

½ cup peanut butter (no added sugar and non hydrogenated)

½ t vanilla

1 cup whole wheat pasty flour

1 cup quick oats

¼ t salt

1 cup chocolate chips, grain sweetened if possible

 

Icing

1 cup powdered Sucanat (or powdered sugar if you can’t find the powdered sucanat)

¼ cup peanut butter

3T milk

 

 

Heat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 pan with non stick spray. In Bosch (or KA) combine butter, sugars, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.

 

In a small bowl combine flour, oats and salt. Add this mixture to the butter mixture in your mixer. Mix all until just combined.

 

Press dough into pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes.

 

While cookie bars are baking make Icing…

 

Combine powdered sugar and peanut butter in mixer bowl. Add milk until icing consistency. Add more milk if too thick and a little more powdered sugar if too thin.

 

After you take the bars out of the oven pour icing over the top while the bars are still warm. Swirl the icing with the chocolate chips. Let it cool completely. Cut into bars.

 

*******************

 

That’s all from my Homestead! Hope you are having a wonderfully warm and enjoyable weekend on your homestead.. 

Comments

  1. So glad you had a good vacation. What a blessing that you could get away with the family. I'm sure you made some wonderful memories.

    Blessings,


    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal welcome back. You can have some of our heat from Arizona. Today it is 103 and supposed to get hotter this week.

    The Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars sound so yummy!

    I was wondering if you could post your mayonnaise recipe and how often you make it? I would greatly appreciate it. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had great vacations Crystal and glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub