Merry Christmas Eve Day!


 

 

Well Christmas day is upon us! I have been quite busy this last week. It seemed to be a frenzy of packing orders and getting them out in the hopes I could do my part in helping to get them to my customers in time for Christmas. I spent so much time on this that I did not get my Christmas gifts finished… but I saw this coming and thanks to the internet was able to get some gifts sent to my daughter & son-in-law and grandson in time. Tobin and I put together a little box for my sister-in-law too and got that out, hopefully in time. So I think that about does it this year. Tobin’s dad, brother and wife are all local. Now I still need to finish wrapping the kids gifts .. do you notice a small note of not being well prepared here???  Yea, me too.. so next year the new plan will be… plan EARLY!  I am thankful to watch my little internet business grow and now I just need to make my own adjustments in how I deal with it all.. 

 

This weekend my girls and I did a bit of baking. We made lemon spritz cookies, chocolate spritz, cinnamon and sugar biscotti, small banana breads and got the peanut butter balls all made and now today we need to dip them in the chocolate to finish them and fudge to make. Plus we have turkey dinner preps for tomorrows Christmas dinner to do. This includes making the mashed potatoes (will heat them in the crockpot tomorrow), making stuffing and put it the fridge so I can stuff the turkey tomorrow morning, and some dinner rolls. And that should about wrap it up for this holiday! Tomorrow should be a fun and relaxing day with family.

 

Updates on Leanne’s mission trip… she has her needed number of prayer partners! We have a packet of information and things to do and send back to Teen Missions by the first week in January. One of those things was getting 16 people who pledged to be committed to praying specifically for Leanne. Yesterday at church Leanne got the remaining prayer partners. Now I need to get a release form notarized and a couple other details done and that packet can go out right after Christmas. We still need her work boots. They don’t call the training “boot camp” for nothing! LOL.. she has to arrive in leather work boots and wears them the whole two months. So we are trying to find women’s work boots.. not an easy task. It is like don’t women ever wear work boots? 

 

I pray you all have a wonderful Christmas holiday with your family remembering the birth of Christ. What a blessed time of year to remember our Savior who came to this earth so that He could give His life that we may have eternal life with Him. We have so much to be truly thankful for. What a merciful and gracious God we serve!

Comments

  1. Crystal,

    Enjoyed reading this...all of you getting ready for Christmas. I'm so glad your country store is doing so well, but know it keeps you very busy. I know I sure LOVE all of your homemade items.

    I wanted to wish you all a wonderful and blessed Christmas. You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this most special day.

    Love you my friend,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal~

    I love reading your blog. I just wanted to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. I will also be praying for your son overseas. My husband is currently deployed and this is the second Christmas away as he was extended. So please keep our family in your prayers.


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub