Tuesday on the Homestead


 


Well it has been a couple of days since I posted..  Monday was filled with my typical Monday busyness around my home..  Mt. Laundry was facing me again and so were all the undone chores from the weekend.


 


Today started by me taking my daughter Hannah to the airport to hop on a plane.  She is flying down to see my oldest daughter in California.  She is giving her a little packing help as oldest daughter and hubby will be moving soon.


 


Emily was with me and after we left the airport we did all our grocery shopping and even made a trip to Kmart and were home by noon.  Something unheard of typically!  But then I don’t leave the house at 7:am typically either!


 


Now it is life back to normal..  laundry continues..  kids needing attention continues..  housework continues and..  I need to go and start a fire. I was hoping the sun would warm things up today but no luck..  oh yes, I still need to go over today’s school work and see how the younger kids did while I was gone. 


 


Dinner tonight is split pea soup using the leftover ham bone from last night’s ham dinner.  Plus I am going to make a big green salad, maybe some type of bread and maybe a dessert..  we will see how ambitious I feel in the kitchen when I am done here.


 


I plan my menus out for a month at a time and I print out monthly planning menus and I share these on my website.  I have received a lot of positive feedback on these and many ladies find them helpful.  If you would like a monthly printable menu calendar you can find them here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/menuplanningcalendars.htm I post a new one shortly before each new month.


 


Hope you all are having a great Tuesday on your Homestead..

Comments

  1. I wanted to thank you for posting the monthly printable calendar faithfully every month. I have enjoyed doing my monthly menu with them for the last couple months. Over the weekend I looked for this months and YEP! It was there. Your the Bomb Crystal.

    -Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been using the menu calendars for the past few months to keep track of the meals we eat. See, I've tried several times in the past to make up a menu plan, but I always get stuck on the same 8-10 menu items and can't seem to remember other things we eat fairly regularly. So, I thought it would be good to keep track of what I cook, how often we eat leftovers, eat out, etc. that way I can more effectively plan a few weeks or a months worth of menus and it will be reality instead of wishful thinking!


    Thank you for such a cute tool (the menu calendar), for the recipes and encouragement on your site, and for your weekly menus (and even when you stray from the plan too!) It is all a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, thanks Crystal for posting the monthly menu planners. What a cute tool! Also, I REALLY enjoy coming to this site and getting terrific recipes from you as well. When you find the time, please share some more of your recipes - even the basic ones are very helpful for me!


    Second, DENISE, what a fabulous idea to keep track of meals for awhile. With dh's work schedule, and having little ones, we eat leftovers here and there, and it would be great to get an idea of how many meals (and which ones) we actually NEED per month. Thanks for such a great idea - I'm inspired!!


    In Christ~

    Lori

    www.michiganmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub