My Favorite Apple Pie!! | Fall Time Baking

 It's fall time so let's make an apple pie!! 





Apple pies and fall time are a great combination! I'm sharing my favorite apple pie recipe. I also have a link to my Never Fail Pie Crust recipe. 

Below the recipes is my video showing you how to make this delicious pie! 

*************************

Our Favorite Apple Pie 5 to 7 tart apples (5 cups) 1 Double crust pastry shell ½ cup sugar 3 to 4T flour (use the higher amount for juicy apples) ¾ tsp. cinnamon Peel and core apples and cut into slices. Put them in a large bowl and sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the apples. Toss carefully to coat the apples slices without breaking. Pour this into the pie shell. Top the pie with with second crust. Bake at 400 for 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are soft. Never Fail Pie Crust: https://youtu.be/HXgTzo06IXU

I had some leftover apple slices so I turned them into Stewed Apples.


Stewed Apples: I did not use a recipe. I melted butter (3 or 4T) added apples and a little brown sugar. I added water (1/3 cup) and let this simmer. I did not add any flour or cornstarch to thicken as my apple slices already had a coating of flour.




Comments

  1. I am SO ready for Fall weather and to start making apple pies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub