Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot will have a little different look for awhile. When I'm back up and running again, I'll return to the previous format.

******************************************


Good morning! I hope you are enjoying a beautiful spring day. I woke up to sunshine and that always makes for a perfect start to my day.

My week has been good and productive. I spent a wonderful afternoon with my daughter Hannah and my grandbabies. They are all growing so much. It was the first time the grandchildren had been here since my surgery. We all realized how much we had missed our visits. With health I look forward to more visits and time spent together.. 

 


I'm working on changing up my blog so if you see things changing, you'll know I'm still trying to find the look that I like :).

This afternoon we have a few errands to run and then we're heading over to have dinner and spend the evening with our grandsons. We're looking forward to that quite a bit.



Goals
I have a few home things to check off my list this morning. The living room is in great need of being dusted, kitchen needs a little extra attention and I'll get a load of laundry going too.

The sun is out today so I want to get a walk in before we leave as well.


Steps, Steps, Steps
Aside from working to get my steps in each day I'm also focusing more and more on diet. I was doing well last year and so much of that changed with my surgery. Now that I'm back to eating regular foods I'm back to upping the fruits and veggies and plant based foods in my diet again. My goal was, and continues to be a diet of about 75% plant based foods. I do this by working to get ¾ of each meal to be plant based. As an example of this here are a couple recent breakfasts I made for myself. I find if I start my day with good food choices the rest of the day follows right along..

A smoothie I made which contained almond coconut milk, frozen blueberries, a half of a frozen banana, mixed nuts, oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, protein powder (hydrolyzed collagen powder) and a whole lot of spinach. It was delish but made more then I could finish. I have found that you can pour the smoothie into a canning jar and freeze them for use later on. Just pull out of the freezer and they defrost in no time.





Another recent breakfast was an orange, and apple, strawberries, and oatmeal mixed with chia seeds.



As for steps I keep hitting high points. I had 2 days with over 12,000 steps which was a new record. Had another day with 11,000 steps and a weekly average now at 8,000 steps a day. My motto.. keep on walking! :)


For the Love of Books!
Ever since my surgery I've had a really hard time picking up on reading, not sure why but such is life. This week I finally opened up Pride and Prejudice again and began where I left off. I am finding I'm enjoying it once again and my love of books is coming back.


View from my Deck
Last week we had a string of beautiful days and it was so inspiring. Then the gray and wet and cloudy weather returned for several days. I was so happy this morning to see the sunshine is back once again to enjoy.



Today's High 74,   Low 48




That is all for this week! Hope you are having a fantastic week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub