Thank You So Much



I was going to try and reply to everyone that left me heartfelt comments on my “Update” post. My energy level is limited so I decided to let you know here instead.

Thank you, thank you for your prayers, concerns and positive thoughts. It means so much to me.

I'm doing a little better each day. I have a couple follow up appointments with my doctors this week and I'll see where I'm at according to them. Right now my biggest desire is to get to the point where I can swallow liquids again. Swallowing is a labor for me as my throat is healing. They told me it would take time for the swelling to go down and things to stabilize. I can swallow soft liquids, such as smoothies or nectar and some soft foods such as applesauce and mashed potatoes but in very small amounts. Not enough to sustain me or keep me hydrated. They sent me home with a feeding tube where I'm getting the calories and water needed to heal and recover. I'm praying that I will have healed enough to have the tube removed later this week or next week.

I wanted to share this picture with you. I've not had all 5 of my daughters together at the same time in about 6 or 7 years. When I was in the hospital all my children came. The California daughters and my oldest daughter who lives in Kentucky came to be by my side. My best friend who is like a sister to me also was there and took this picture of my girls..



Once again thank you for the prayers! I'm so grateful for all the prayers and kindness from you all.

Crystal

Comments

  1. I'm glad each day is a little better & will be praying specifically for swallowing abilities & feeding tube removal. I'm happy all your girls were able to be with you but wish it had been under better circumstances!
    Prayers,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you have been through so much I am glad all your family came to be with you! That is awesome! They are beautiful girls! :) Time sure flies! When I started following your blog everyone was still home and you had all that home schooling going on. I think the oldest daughter was starting some college classes.
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY...i didn't realize it had turned out to be so bad! I haven't checked in with you because i knew you were going to have surgery.
    I will be asking God to give you an easy recovery! So thankful He is always by our side.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have not checked in lately because I knew you were going for surgery. I am so sorry this happened to you. I will remember you in my prayers!
    I live in the same area as you so when I see what a mistake the surgeon made it does rattle me abit!
    I love the picture of your precious girls!
    Thank you for your blog, sharing your life with us and your faith in God.
    I feel like I am jumping from subject to subject but I do need to add ( since I have never commented before) that I have made your granola recipe for years for my hubby. I have altered it some after his diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, no flour,less sugar and more nuts. It is a staple here!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart....prayers for continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing on prayer for you. As I told you, I've been through it and know first hand how you are feeling. It does get better so hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your family during this time of recovery and restoration...take courage, Crystal!
    With love from Vikki in Grants Pass, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  8. praying you are staying well and on the road to a full recovery.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope no news is good news. Praying you are having a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub