Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
Good morning to you all! I hope your week is going well and your off to a positive start with this brand new year.

It's been a whirlwind of busyness for the last 2 weeks. It takes a lot of energy to put together Christmas (or any gathering) for a big family. But I loved it. I loved having my children home. We had 6 out of 8 kids with us, which is not bad. My oldest daughter lives in Kentucky and she and her family were not able to make it and my daughter Emily and her family in Sacramento were not able to be here as well. With a family my size it's not easy to get everyone together at the same time and we were thankful for the ones that could make it.

The group Christmas picture..


After my kids had been here my sister-in-law and her daughter (my niece) came for a quick visit. She was on her way back home to Montana and stayed about 3 days with us. It was so nice to see them both.

One of my ongoing health issues has to do with my ulcers and a very large hiatal hernia. I had a follow up on the ulcers last month and they are healed but I have a lot of pain and issues with the hernia and the doctor recommended surgery. I met with the surgeon yesterday and the surgery has been set up for the middle of January. I'm actually happy about this as it has been a problem for a very long time.

I'm now enjoying a quiet house once again. And looking forward to getting on with this year and accomplishing many of my goals.



On My To-Do List
After my kids left I cleaned up the guest rooms and put fresh sheets on the beds and now that my sister-in-law and niece have gone, it's time to do that again. Then the doors are shut and the rooms are ready for whoever is next to come and visit us.

I also have on my list:
~laundry
~clean bathroom
~clean laundry room


Projects I'm Working On
My surgery is not complicated but the recovery process will be. I will be 2 weeks on a soft liquid diet. My project now is going to be to cook up several meals and get them in the freezer so at least hubby will be able to eat during this time.


Today's Weather
Cold and windy. I really can not complain especially as I see what the rest of the country is dealing with. We have no snow, which I'm grateful for. But oh the wind this winter has been harsh and cuts right through a person and the wind chill factor makes it feel much colder.

Today's High: 41 Low: 35



The View from my Deck (or window)




What I'm Reading
With all that I have had going on, I have not had time for reading. Which seems strange to me because I normally always have something I'm reading. Now that things have settled down I plan to get back to my reading times.


What I'm Listening To
I already have my laundry going so I'm listening to the sounds of the washer and dryer. And I hear my wind chimes going crazy with the wind outside.



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
I had a couple frugal things I did in the kitchen this week. I had leftovers from 2 different meals. I took what I had (chicken, pork, rice, potatoes, veggies and a quart of broth from cooking the meat) and put them in the IP and made soup. It was delish. Since everything had been previously seasoned all I needed to add was a little salt. We finished up that soup in one night.

I also had 4 bananas that were getting overly ripe. Sometimes I just put them in the freezer to use in smoothies. I have a lot of frozen bananas so instead made a batch of banana bread. I added all 4 bananas to my bread, which was more then the recipe called for and found it made the bread so incredibly moist.

I always try and find ways to use up food and not let it go to waste and using up these items gave us dinner and dessert!


Fitness and Health for the Week
Aside from what I already mentioned (dealing with my hernia) my biggest desire this year is to continue to work to get our diet about 75% plant based. This week I worked to add a lot of fresh fruit and veggies to our meals.



That is all for this week!

Comments

  1. I am over in Spokane, we have some snow but it's warming up next week, very mild winter for all so far, I have been reading/following your blog since 2008, I had moved from here to FL for 16 yrs and moved back to the PNW 2 yrs ago, so happy to be back, I hope your surgery goes well, that is never easy to schedule as you have to change your normal routine but if needed it's a good thing, will be thinking of you & sending well wishes ! Shannon in Spokane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub