Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.


So Far This Week
Hubby and I took a trip into town to run errands. On the way home I snapped a a couple pictures while driving. It was a beautiful fall afternoon.

Mt. Hood in the background...


Fall in the Columbia River Gorge



The days are getting closer for my daughter in California to deliver. We are keeping in regular contact and she is doing well and feeling excited about the birth of little baby boy.

I gave my bathroom a good fall cleaning. Cleaned out the drawers that seem to accumulate so much junk over time. And gave it all a good scrubbing. I'm thinking I might be pretty much done with my fall cleaning.



On My To-Do List
I need to do a little cleaning in my guest rooms. Sheets need to be changed and the rooms dusted and vacuumed.

~Cook up a couple meals today. I often will cook 2 meals at once to give us leftovers to eat for a few days. I like having days I don't have to think about cooking and can focus on other things. I'm going to make meatloaf and chicken soup.  I'll cook the meatloaf in my oven and the chicken soup in my IP. 

~sweep & mop the kitchen floor when I finish cooking
~go through my pile of junk mail and toss what I don't need, which will most likely be all of it.. ha, ha..
~rake out my goat barn (probably will not get done today but it is on my list)



Projects I'm Working On
Doing a little preliminary packing for our trip to Sacramento. Want to be ready to go as quickly as possible when my daughter gives the word! If I suddenly go "off the air"..  be assured I'm in California..  and will be back soon. 

Christmas – I'm still working my way through my Christmas lists. I made a trip to IKEA and picked up a few things.  But I've purchased more things online. I find I do a lot of my shopping online nowadays. Just so much easier and it all gets delivered to me. Most years I do a few more homemade gifts than I seem to being doing this year. I guess with the grandbaby coming and our upcoming trip I've not had a lot of time to be creative enough to think of something to make. But I still have time so we'll see what I come up with.

What about you.. do you make gifts? Do you shop online for Christmas gifts?


Today's Weather
Light rain this morning and high of 62 for today.  Cloudy this morning and sunshine by afternoon. 


The View from my Deck (or window)
This picture looks pretty similar to the ones from the last couple of weeks.  We do have sunny days here!  Ha, ha..  It is not uncommon to start out cloudy and then the sun breaks out in the afternoon.



What I'm Reading
I'm still in the book of Leviticus. I've taken some extra time to do a little studying on all the sacrifices mentioned in the book. And the tabernacle and some of the other laws. I've read the book many times and studied some of it in the past. I always seem to learn something new, or expand what I did know. I find the book fascinating really. So many of the Old Testament books are not as read by Christians it seems but they are full of so much!!

I'm also still reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Classic books have a hurdle, the beginning of the books can be slow and tedious sometimes. Once you get past that part and the story unfolds they become hard to put down. I'm now getting to the 'hard to put down' part. :)


What I'm Listening To
My dishwasher running, the clock in my living room ticking away and the distant sound of the bathroom fan..  it's a quiet peaceful morning in my home. 


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
I decided to make some liquid hand soap from soap scraps.  Typically I smoosh the sliver of used soap into the new bar or if it still has enough life I put it on the soap dish by the sink in the bathroom.  But I thought how great it would be if I could get even more mileage from my homemade soap bits and pieces.  So I'd saved those bits, melted the soap with water and poured them into a pump bottle I bought for $2 at IKEA.  Success!!  I'll share a blog post on the details soon. 


Fitness for the Week
I've done much better this week getting my walking done. Hit 10,000 steps or more 6 times in the last 7 days!! I'm back on track and feeling so much better!  My days just don't feel right anymore if I don't get some type of walking in.

How is your week going?


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub