Menu Monday!




I was thinking all weekend about the meals for the week ahead.. without getting very far.. :), which is not good because we need to eat this week and I needed a plan.

So I started looking through all my saved recipes, my own recipes, my freezer and pantry to get some ideas. Finally I came up with a plan.

Tonight we are having chicken thighs cooked in the Instant Pot with Yoshida's sauce. I have some rice already cooked up in the fridge and a salad already made. Pretty simple, but then the IP makes most all meals pretty simple!

The rest of the week is looking like this...


Lasagna
I have one in the freezer. I'll serve garlic bread and a salad on the side.


Salmon Patties
Ok, I'm cheating on this one. It is to hot to heat up the kitchen and I'm using already made patties from Costco. They are super good. I'll serve potato salad (made in the Instant Pot), and sliced cucumber salad.


Beef Stroganoff
Once again this is an Instant Pot meal. It can all be made in the pot at one time. Can't beat that. I'll serve a salad or some summer melons (or maybe both) with this meal.


Not sure if I'll need another meal but if I do it will be...
 

Summer Pasta
This is one of my favorite easy meals. It is a simple meal you put boneless, skinless chicken in a pot of water with your choice of seasonings and add lots of veggies, when the chicken is almost done you toss in some pasta and cook until the pasta is done. Strain it all and serve... The only thing I don't like is you have to heat a big pot of water and boil the chicken and pasta and that really heats up a kitchen in the summer. I'm going to try it in the IP and see how it turns out. I'll serve toasted garlic bread with this meal.


That should do it for the week! How's your menu planning coming along?

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub