Crockpot Beans (a.k.a Texas Beans or Calico Beans)


This meal was on my menu for Sunday. Due to other circumstances I decided to make a swap and it was dinner tonight.

On my menu I linked to a recipe for Texas Beans. In the end I used a combination of several different recipes. I've seen similar versions of this recipe and it goes by a few different names.

It turned out yummy and was easy to put together.
 




Crystal's Crockpot Beans

2lbs hamburger
6 slices bacon
4 cans (15oz) pork and beans
1 can (29oz) pinto beans
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 medium size onion, chopped
1t pepper
1t red pepper flakes (optional for those that like a little bite)
Salt to taste

In a frying pan cook hamburger until no longer pink. Put in crockpot. Fry bacon until well done. Crumble and put in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Taste and add salt if needed. Serve with a salad and toasted garlic bread.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub