Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!!

 



I love starting a new year.. It's a time to reflect on the old year and look forward to the next. It's a time for me to set goals for the year, for myself, my family.. hubby and I set goals as a couple.

What I do not do is make resolutions. Is there a difference between goals and resolutions? .. in my mind I felt like there was so I looked up the words to find their meanings..

Goal: the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.

Resolution: a firm decision to do or not to do something.


I see them as very different. When I set a goal.. it is something I can work towards every day. If I resolve to do something, and then I fail, it causes discouragement and I'm likely to give up on whatever it was.

An example: I made a goal last year to drink less coffee. My goal was one cup a day. Of course through the year there have been times that I had two cups or even three. Then I'd correct myself and go back to one cup a day. For health reasons this is a good choice for me. If I'd started the year saying my resolution was to only drink one cup a day, and then I had a day where I had more, I would have failed. My inclination may have been to just give up and not care. But with a goal, I can get back on track and not feel discouraged.

So as this year has come to an end I reflected on all the goals that I had worked towards, made progress, and felt a sense of accomplishment. Then I began working on new goals for 2015 knowing that if it is something important to me, I will make progress and when dealing with the bumps in the road that can happen to everyone, not all is lost.

Happy New Year to you all, and praying for a blessed 2015 for everyone!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I use the same word, goals... it seems so much more attainable. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!!! I was referred to your site by Living Well on Less. I love it!!!! So much information. Really like the recipes, especially the freezer and canning. I know what I will be doing for the next few days, reading your posts from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)